Just a quick update to the project to fix a few things and change bits and pieces.
First up I’ve moved away from using an NSTimer update method, and gone to just spinning round the main loop. (Thanks once again to 71squared for that). One effect of doing this is that on the simulator it now runs almost too fast – on hardware it’s fine though. To be honest I’m not sure why – I’ve also made a few changes around using the timeDelta (time elapsed between cycles of the main loop) to help smooth things out a bit.
Other things fixed / changed:
The game now ends if the invaders land.
Improvements to the key controls – I’ve discovered you can get a hash value for a particular touch which makes the input logic work much nicer.
Fixed a bug whereby the number of bombs on level 2 and beyond decreased.
Changed it so that if you lock the iPhone/iTouch it doesn’t still run around the main loop / render.
Bit of a tidy up.
Here’s the latest project: (removed)